Monday, May 11, 2015

Caroline's New Dress

Poor Caroline is sad after hearing the news of her archival. To cheer her up I made her this lovely dress from Thimbles and Acorns Bib Front Regency Dress pattern in a pretty lavender color.

The main fabric is Rowan's Shot Cotton which is actually two colors (blue and pink) woven together creating a gorgeous effect, and fully lined in ivory cotton. 

Hand gathered ruffled neckline trim and Chinese Knotted buttons.

Front tab closure under the bib,

Gathered sleeves with peep-hole cutout.

Drawstring high-waist that ties in the back.

10 comments:

  1. Cute! That's a wonderful color on Caroline- I hope she feels better soon! It must stink to find out that you're being retired. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Caroline is slowly accepting her fate. :D Plus I promised her another new dress! ;)

      Delete
  2. Such a pretty color! Aw, I hope Caroline feels better. :)

    - Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellie! My other girls are helping her to cope, since they've all gone through retirement/archival they can totally relate.

      Delete
  3. What a stunning dress! I love the dresses you make! They are always so pretty!! Also hope that cheers caroline up! It would cheer me up!! >.<
    -Lydia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lydia! Yes I agree, a pretty new dress can do wonders!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous dress, or gown! The color is fabulous on Caroline. The attention to detail amazing! I hope Caroline felt better wearing the gown. Her hair looks wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melody! Caroline and I appreciate your sweet comments! :)

      Delete
  5. Wow, that is so pretty! Caroline looks gorgeous! <3
    ~Christian Homeschooler

    ReplyDelete